Looking for new ways to make brussels sprouts? Try this dreamy creamy super cheesy Baked Brussels Sprouts Casserole recipe! It’s perfect for low-carb diets too! For more yummy recipes see my Foodies page.
A couple of weeks ago we went on a bike ride to the next beach town over and had lunch. When restaurants have Brussel sprouts for a side item, I am always interested in different ways to make these yummy sprouts. That day I ordered brussels sprouts grain! They were heavenly!
The sprouts were roasted first and then added to a cheesy bath and baked in a casserole dish. Super easy right? There are tons of ways to make this casserole. I took the super easy 4 ingredient way! No roasting, just microwave the sprouts and make a simple roux, pour it over and bake!
Of course, you can always roast them first. See my Roasted Brussels Sprouts post for the recipe or keep scrolling. Here is our simple Brussels sprouts gratin recipe! Enjoy!
Baked Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- 16oz Brussels sprouts, fresh
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x9 glass baking dish.
- Cook Brussels sprouts in microwave per package directions or roast them in an oven with olive oil, salt & pepper for 20 minutes.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer, stirring well to avoid scorching.
- Whisk in 1 cup shredded cheese, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
- Place brussels sprouts in prepared dish. Pour cheese mixture over sprouts. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned, or about 15-20 minutes.
Tried this recipe? Mention @kim_madeinaday or #madeinadayeats
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 20.1gSaturated Fat 12.7gCholesterol 67mgSodium 261mgCarbohydrates 8.3gFiber 2.9gSugar 2gProtein 12.5g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.