Looking for new ways to make brussels sprouts? Try this dreamy creamy super cheesy Baked Brussels Sprouts Casserole recipe! It’s perfect for low-carb diets too! For more yummy recipes see my Foodies page.
A couple of weeks ago we went on a bike ride to the next beach town over and had lunch. When restaurants have Brussel sprouts as a side item, I am always interested in different ways to make these yummy sprouts. That day I ordered brussels sprouts grain! They were heavenly!
Baked Brussels Sprouts Casserole
The sprouts were roasted first and then added to a cheesy bath and baked in a casserole dish. Super easy right? There are tons of ways to make this casserole. I took the super easy 4 ingredient way! No roasting, just microwave the sprouts and make a simple roux, pour it over and bake!
Of course, you can always roast them first. See my Roasted Brussels Sprouts post for the recipe or keep scrolling. Here is our simple Brussels sprouts gratin recipe! Enjoy!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 5 minutes on high until done.
Get the Meal Planner + Digital Meal Planner
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts, fresh
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×9 glass baking dish.
- Cook Brussels sprouts in microwave per package directions or roast them in an oven with olive oil, salt & pepper for 20 minutes.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer, stirring well to avoid scorching.
- Whisk in 1 cup shredded cheese, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
- Place brussels sprouts in prepared dish. Pour cheese mixture over sprouts. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned, or about 15-20 minutes.
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!