This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Do you go to football games or stay home to get in on the action? We stay at home. Our hometown’s favorite team, the Los Angeles Rams. Instead of tailgating outdoors we tailgate in our living room, otherwise known as Couchgating!
Today I am teaming up with my friends at Wayfair.com to show you how to host the perfect football party right in your living room! I am also sharing my all-time favorite appetizer recipe, Layered Tex Mex Cheesy Salsa Dip! It’s so good it is sure to become just an empty dish by the end of the game. Are you ready to give those noisy tailgaters a run for their money? Let’s do it!
Check out my favorite picks!
My favorite item from the pics above is the NFL BBQ Brander. Just lay it over your burgers or steaks and brand that team logo right on the meat! There’s a hot dog one too. How fun and what a great gift for that die-hard fan!
After you get your party all set up and ready to go, try my super easy, always a winner Layered Tex Mex Cheesy Salsa Dip!
This is a great appetizer to take or serve when you are in a pinch for time. Just layer cheese beans corn and salsa, pop it in the microwave and you’re good to go.
Layered Tex Mex Cheesy Salsa Dip
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 16 oz jar Salsa, I use Mrs. Renfro's Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can Corn, drained
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and soften in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread cream cheese over a large plate/platter. Make sure it will fit into the microwave and is able to turn.
- Spread corn on top of the cream cheese.
- Spread the black beans on top of the corn the corn.
- Spread salsa on top of the black beans.
- Top with shredded sharp cheddar.
- Heat in Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
5 minutes may seem like a long time to heat his dip, but it works perfectly.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 200